Monday, January 24, 2011

Sample Sources

As a journalist, I would get my leads from the following websites:
I would use the Denver government’s website for local information regarding political situations, as well as crime sources.
http://www.denvergov.org/CityGovernment/tabid/435561/Default.aspx
I would use RTD’s website to help discover public transportation matters including new additions, problems with daily transits, etc.
http://rtd-denver.com
The NOAA’s national weather site would be a good source to find local weather, as well as compare it to weather nationwide.
http://www.weather.gov
The main Colorado website would be a great place to research all my local inquiries such as unemployment, tourism, events, elections, etc.
http://www.colorado.gov
The National Geographic website would be great for unique stories, such as unveiling the past, or exploring new phenomenon.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com
As a consumer, I would get my information from these websites:
MSN is my homepage on almost every computer I use, so that is my main source for entertainment and breaking news.
http://www.msn.com
The Denver Post is a trusted source to me a consumer because it’s the most commonly known newspaper since the Rocky Mountain News shut down.
http://www.denverpost.com
EPSN is great for sports people since it’s all the sports in one place, but personally, being only interested in the NFL, NFL Network is a main site I rely on for my regular and between season coverage.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork
Mapquest always gives me the runaround, literally, so I rely on Google Maps to get me where I don’t know I’m going.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
To find out what’s going on in my city, a convenient place with all the information would be Denver’s main website.
http://www.denver.org/events

No comments:

Post a Comment